Sunday, March 16, 2008

Gold Medals, Shimmie & ACC Tourney

 

Of course you KNOW I must be talking about my Miss T!

Gold in her solo on Friday night.

Gold in her Tap Group and Gold / overall placements in her Lyrical and Jazz Groups on Saturday.

I am surprised by some of the "other" dance studio's routines.  A lot of little girls shaking and moving in ways that, well......er, seems it could prepare them for a different career

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind a shake here and a shimmy this...but when the majority of the routine is consisting of "shake your booty / boobie" instead of more appropriate technique and lines......just makes you wonder why people allow such teachings....especially when we know who is paying the salaries of these teachers.

It goes back to what we allow or tolerate.  At 6-12+ yrs old I don't believe it is appropriate "art" and parents should take a stand to just say NO.  Aren't we looking for technique and application and strength?  Even some of the Rules and Regulations for these competitions have an "Age Appropriate" clause/comment.

After the Saturday 4pm awards we had dinner with another family at a local establishment and of course the ACC Tournament was on each and every TV no matter where you looked.

Seems Carolina is coming out on top.  I'm not a UNC-Chapel Hill fan by any sorts....I'm a ABC rooter....Anyone But Carolina.  I pull for Duke or NC State (Go Wolfpack!) or Georgia Tech --- what a traitor I sound like.  Even though my home state team is playing, I won't root for them if it's the Carolina Tarheels. 

When it's over I will say that it's good MY state's team won....but that's pushing it when you're an anti-Carolina fan.

I tease everyone and say I'm alergic to Carolina Blue.

Bossman went to the tournament this weekend, left Thursday.  He should be a happy camper by now that Carolina won against Clemson.

We didn't go to the Hurricane's game.....I tried to get tickets last night but it was sold out of my price range and I wasn't going to spend $150 per person to go. 

The last home game is on April 4th.....I got tickets for that.  It should be a great game especially if it is their final season game and they win their division.

I just noticed...........that will begin our Spring Break here!

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for the girl!!!!  Way to go!
Traci

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOOU))))))))))))))))))))Congrats.Have a nce night.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she made you proud.  I agree with you about the age appropriate routines.  Hope you have a happy week.  : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Miss T for getting those medals. I have watched some young kids on TV doing dance routines that I don't think are appropriate for young children to be doing. Then I wonder if some sex pervert maight be watching those innocent children. Makes me shudder. Helen

Anonymous said...

HUGE congrats to Miss T and how well she did!!!!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Way to go Miss T.!!!
I agree with the dances, I 've seen it. Way beyond their years !
Be well
E.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Miss T.!!!
I agree with the dances, I 've seen it. Way beyond their years !
Be well
E.

Anonymous said...

congrats ms t

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Miss T and her team for a great job!
Missie

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO Ms. T!!! Hoping you enjoy your Today! Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS to Miss T!!!!   Hope you all have a wonderful week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ms T!!!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Miss T!  I was a dancer, and you are absolutely right.  Dancers have to learn proper footwork and lines.

hugz, Bethe    

Anonymous said...

WTG, Ms. T!  Whoo hoo...all that gold!  I think a lot of the mother's sort of encourage their daughters to grow up way to fast and think there's nothing wrong with the swiveling and shaking.  You're right, if the parents' protested it would stop.  But it sure looks like you have a super duper dancer in your house.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Miss T!!!!
Great Job!
Linda :)