Wednesday, March 28, 2007

attempt #2 of Glad N Sad

  hellogirl.gifYay!  Spring is finally here! 
I know cause I'm hacking, coughing, sneezing and snotting! 

Thanks a lot POLLEN!   frustrated.gif 

The weather is absolutely beautiful....80 and bright skies.  Tomorrow is to be a bit cooler with some rain.

Tomorrow will be a tough day too - a funeral.....I lost a dear friend this weekend suddenly....he was fishing.  Landed a 70lb wahoo, sat down and had a heart attack 2 hrs out at sea.  There was a nurse and a doctor on the boat and of course his wife, but they could only do so much.  So tragic.  He was such a happy, fun man.  Only 20 days away from turning 60!  Had just gotten married....remember?  The wedding last October!  That guy.

So sad.  His wife is holding up well, trying to be strong for everyone, the kids are in town, the grandbaby is here....she's about to get grand #2 next month.  He loved kids too.

I'm trying to de-clutter the house bit by bit....lots of junk, unopened mail; bank statements; school papers; unread magazines.  WHY!!!!!

And the laundry.......must be part rabbit, because it never ends.

hammer.gif  Mr Man and I spent this weekend working on the deck extention out to the pool.  A 6x13 area...but Tom cannot bend well and even Miss T was a big help.  He's putting up the rails today and all that will be left is the ladder platform and then prepare the water! 

Miss T is still dancing away.....and I'm having her see a math tutor.  A good example of  WHY was last nights homework.  She had to "fix" compound fractions....ya know  15/4 = 3  3/4. 

THEN she had to reverse these in a different section

3 3/4...well MY answer is of course 15/4 BUT she wrote 3 15/4. I said WRONG.  She said it is how the teacher explained it.  Then there were tears, then I wrote a note to the teach asking her to explain WHY my kid thought this was the right way and WHY she said it is the way it was explained.  Then I made a copy of the work and my note for the math tutor (who is a teacher at the same school).

MATH  What else can I do??

We have Spring Break starting this Friday....no school for a week.  I wanted to get away, maybe go to Charlotte to Carowinds.  Is that a good idea?  Travelling the first weekend off of school....???  Maybe not.  Probably will not go.  I need to concentrate on things around the house.  I did buy 3 new rose bushes this weekend...should get them planted.  I don't want to put off a trip like this until it is so hot I cannot stand it.  But then again the POLLEN is in full force......arghhh.gif

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Its beatiful here to,but I dont like the polleen either.Hope you feel better from the polleen and hope you get to take a trip soon.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

POLLEN BOTHERS US ALL TOO. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SOON.  WE USUALLY SUFFER ALL THE WAY TO WINTER.
HUGS
NOELLE

Anonymous said...

Love spring, hate the pollen!  Have a good one.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon!  The deck sounds lovely!  Hope ya survive spring break!  Math... ugh... I am sort of like a B student with it but I had to work hard for my grade.  Sorry to hear about the funeral.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about a loss of a dear friend. Hope you get to go on that tip
just for a little get away. Have great evening.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend but he went doing what he liked doing , i hope I can go that way.
I'll be down to help Tom with the deck measure 18 times cut once , no not the wood the shots!

Anonymous said...

my kids are off starting Friday too
Becky

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon!  

Getting all ready for Spring, huh?  Won't it be nice to sit out on the deck by the pool this summer?!  I'm envious!  What are the names of the roses you got?  I have several that I bought too that need planted (Ballerina, Dark Lady, and Bonica) but the wind was blowing ferociously yesterday and we even got a little bit of hail, and today I need to get some housework done.    I really really hate dusting but I don't mind the vacuuming.

If you do go out of town, have a good trip.  I wish I could go somewhere for Spring break too, but am celebrating 4 family members' birthdays at our house on Easter.  Now you know why I have to get to the housework.  

I am sorry about the loss of your friend.  It sounds like he was loving and living a good life, and that a lot of family and friends are going to miss him.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.....
after Friday we are off for two weeks for Spring break here...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I miss ya!!
Sorry to hear about your friend, how very tragic.

Be well,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

It finally rained here.  The pollen was a fine coating on everything.  You could see it falling from the trees.  Hope the deck goes well.  I vote on a short trip somewhere.  I love to travel but I don't like to be gone too long.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. How sad and very sudden. The weather was nice here but now it's cold and rainy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your friend but if there is good thing in this is he died doing something he loved..funny that you're building a deck we just did too!! there are pics on my blog..
have a great weekend
atchoo to the pollen!!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE PASSING OF YOUR FRIEND.....I HOPE YOU CAN MANAGE TO GET DONE WHAT YOU WANT AROUND THE HOUSE.....

TAKE CARE,  LIZ

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about that pollen.  My orange trees are blooming like crazy and I'm also allergic to grass and oak trees.  My goodness.  bad time of year for me too.  I'm sorry about your friend.  Prayers for his family.  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

We have so much pollen here right now. Cars look just awful not to mention the sneezing.
I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. Many prayers!

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend.  

Anonymous said...

Yes, spring is in the air...finally.  So sorry about the loss of your friend...hope you make it a lovely weekend...minus the pollen!  
Hugs and love,
Joyce