Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Happy Hump Day

 

Thankfully it is Wednesday and payweek!  It's amazing how a lot of our focus is on when we get paid.  Remember Mom & Dad said you'd better be saving for a rainy day?

I do have some savings, don't get me wrong.  Which is why I like it when payday comes around.  I am sticking to my plan of saving a certain amount of money each month....so far so good except for the last "Mr Man Episode" in April.  I am also sticking to spending the available funds instead of dipping into the savings.

 

My newest endeavor will be to save Miss T's money from July thru December of this year.  (Remember her bio-dad is deceased :} - that's a good thing).  A lot of cha-ching is spent on her dance needs - tuition, shoes, attire, etc.  Now she wants to consider taking tap again........that will only add one more to her schedule of ballet tech/lyrical, acrobatics, and jazz.  She has also asked about another solo and maybe a duet with her friend.

OK those last statements might just kill the newest endeavor all the way around.

Nevertheless, I'm going to give it a try.

                              

 Miss T has officially passed 4th Grade.......and is already talking about the 5th Grade Dance (!) and what to wear and who to go with......................

Which has brought up a recent question from her....."Mom, when do you want me to have a boyfriend?"

Well of course my answer was "When you're 20" but she didn't seem to think I was serious.  So I said the usual "you shouldn't be worrying about that....you should concentrate on YOU and school and just having fun, not getting all caught up in some stinkin boy"...that kind of stuff.  Then I gave her my real answer (which is really still 20) and told her oh about 16.

I keep saying that I wish I had not dated until I was 30!

I like Dr Phil's comment.  Sometimes I say it to myself!!

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny how we can not imagine our child dating huh? Then all of a sudden they are 18 and have a boy/girl friend and we find it natural. Good luck to Miss T in all she does.
i love you,lisa

Anonymous said...

I think your answer to Miss T was a very good one.  So glad you are able to save some each pay.  I am going to be very glad when I pay off a few credit cards and can save some more.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Aiy yi yi!  She needs to slow down!  Focus on the dancing and friends!  Boys, who needs 'em!  Good luck, MOM!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Your way of thinking regarding saving is great, and that you're sticking to it is even better!!  At least you have a reserve...just in case!!  Kids and their extra curricular(sp?) activities can get expensive, but hey, its only money!!  Take care...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good hump day also.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I  think girls mature quicker than the boys . My son is NOT interested yet and he's 12. But the girls? 2 years ago he was being told "I like you more than a friend" !!!!
Good luck!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))I have a hard time saving money.LOL.I go from pay check to pay check,I get payed every Friday.i do have money in the bank,wish I had more,but,I do have money.But so much comes up,just like you.But it looks like your working everything out.Good for you.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

It's tough world out there, and hard to save anything.  Penny by penny, nickel by nickel.  You may not think it will ever add  up to anything, but you might be surprised after 30 days!  Give it a try.  That is what my grandfather used to do with his spare change at the end of the day.  He would save all year until Christmas and then that was the "extra" money treat he would give to each of us five kids, which ended up being a nice lil sum of cheer! Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to save money also. We have a huge 2 foot tall plastic bottle, that we put all our change and one dollar bills in. always a good idea to have money set aside. (((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

we have money taking out before we get our hands on it.  that is the best way for us.  out of sight ~ out of mind....  It adds up quick..  Good for you on saving.  I really need to save more too..  yeah ~ no boys until 20 !!  fer sure...
have a great day,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Happy Payweek!!!! My dad taught me long ago, to always pay yourself before paying others and it seems to be paying off after all these years! We don't touch the savings, but I do find myself asking, Self...What are we saving for? I guess someday we'll know! Hope you are enjoying your day! Take care of you and yours!