Saturday, September 27, 2008

I blew a gasket!

It wasn't pretty.  It's been building up for some time.

Miss T had been invited to go ice skating - she's always wanted to go.  I told her she would need a bath first etc.

"What do I wear?"

Jeans of course, in case she falls, plus it's cold.

She comes out with thin long cotton pants.

NO

But Mom

I SAID JEANS!

Then it was "will you dry my hair?".

She didn't like the way I was doing it and copped an attitude.

I'd had enough.  Between Tom's mess and her whining......

In my meanest Mommy voice I said "I've had it!  I'm tired of all of you people yelling ME ME ME....help ME, fix ME."

"WHEN IS IT TIME FOR ME TO HAVE ME TIME????"

Tom tried to get out the back door and I said "Oh no...you come back in and hear me out too!"

It was on!

Basically I was sick and tired of being the only person they depend on.  He's 56....tired of him acting like a 10 year old.   She's almost 12.  A kid I can understand and I'm not griping about brushing her hair etc, cause God knows I'll miss that one day.

I'm griping about:

1) What do I wear?   No I don't like that.
2)  Where are my ______?
3)  How am I going to afford this trip to court?  (How did you afford the drinks that got you there in the first place?)
4) How am I going to pay an attorney?  (See answer above)
5) What's for dinner?  (Excuse me?  Tom is home all day)
6) Are you coming to the studio after work?  (Can't I go home and be alone or check emails or .......?)

OK so it's typical mother/wife stuff but dammit!

I put my tennis shoes in the car last Monday, I was going to walk.......the intentions were good at least.

I have a nail that cracked and they all need to be filled.....still.

I have a house full of chores to do.

I ran away.  I told them DO NOT CALL ME UNLESS SOMETHING IS BROKEN OR LEAKING!  I ran away at 1pm to Cindilouwho's house with a 6 pack of Mick Ultra........planned to show her some photo stuff and then hit the beach for solitude. 

As soon as I'd gotten there my mom called......Miss T had called her crying saying "tell my Mommy....." and I said "well tell my daughter...."

Cindilouwho fixed us Quesadilla's and we talked and talked and I cleaned up her computer.  At 7:30 I was on my way home.  Never made it over to the beach.

In the meantime, bout 2 hours later, Miss T called me....."where are you?" and "I'm sorry.......... can I have $20?"

 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep , you need a break

Anonymous said...

Did I write this?? Oh wait a minute I am at your journal! lmao ;) Keep your chin up hun oh man can I relate!
BIG Hugs, Robyn

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would say you need some ME time. Helen

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))Doctors orders,you need to take a break now and have some alone time.You could also use a nice hot buble bath with candels around the tub and a glss of whine.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

i ran away once for the night..took myself and some drinks to a hotel room and said "f%^k it all..
it was fabulous too...LOL
have a good sunday
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Run away to NY, I'll take care of you for awhile.

I was confussed about what happened in court. If he was sentenced for 2 weeks how is he appealing that?

Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

::SIGH::
Such is the life of a wife and mother I guess!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I can understand why you are getting upset like that.  It is building and building within you.  Kids will be kids and you are right that there will be a day you will miss doing those little things for her.  God knows that I will never ever have that in my life.  Just remember to not displace your anger for Tom on your daughter.  If a 56 year old man hasn't grown up by now what do you think the chances are he will?  Hope you have a good Sunday and go get some more Mich Ultra and quesadillas.

Phil

Anonymous said...

You know, sometimes we all need a break from having to think or do anything.  I truly understand in your situation where you are coming from.  Seems like you have to be the glue to keep everything together in your household.  It's good to vent, it's also good to let the ones around you know how you are feeling.  Your feelings count for a lot.  Hope you have a happy Sunday. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

oh God I know the drill!  rose

Anonymous said...

I've blown a few gaskets in my time here!  I bet it made you feel better!
Missie

Anonymous said...

It's been coming for a while.  I guess husband's and kids (hmmm, people in general) keep taking until they are told "that's enough".  Don't feel guity, and take some "me" time.  You'll be glad you did.  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Well heck we all need to rage one day. It's hard thinking for everyone. I know I've had to do it for five people before which is why I had a breakdown. I kept it all in and thats not good. I had to learn the hard way that you need to take time for yourself regardless of what the others have going on. IF you don't fix you, you can't fix others.. hard lesson to learn when you're use to being the good wife and mother.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Yep, she's going to be a teenager very soon!!  Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, a female preteen....you ain't seen nothing yet! lol
XO

Anonymous said...

Uh oh.  Sounds like some camomille tea is in order!  
Traci

Myra said...

I hear you...to be the best mom and wife, you truly need some Sharon time...or you'll blow the other gasket!! Why don't people (read: our family) understand that??