Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fire info & such.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20071030/NEWS/710300367

This article is about some of the students.

The newspaper headline is:

Ocean Isle Beach, NC | A back deck appears to be the focal point for investigators as they search for the cause of a fire that killed seven South Carolina college students, sent another six to the hospital and gutted a canal-front home on this Brunswick County resort island.

Randy Thompson, head of BCEM, said Monday that officials had found "indicators" that prompted them to focus their investigation on that portion of the house.  Ocean Isle Beach Mayor Debbie Smith confirmed that investigators had told her they were focusing on the home's rear porch.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

 

Thompson said the State Bureau of Investigation tentatively was aiming for Friday to release a statement on the deadly fire.

 

Friday.........well hopefully that will give enough time to determine what started this horrible fire.  Sounding like maybe a cigarette was left.........and as windy as it was that would cause a spark to flame and take run.

 

 

 

Work is still slow......the County still has not released the moratorium on new permits yet...still waiting.  

 

Coworker is actually moving to Dallas.  Bossman has yet to talk to me about this move.  I am hearing that he is NOT going to hire anyone else just yet, due to the slow down of permits.   He needs to talk things over with me to be sure I'm willing to take on the extra work.

 

I like working my part time type hours.  It's never been 40 hours for me here....well, sometimes it happened that way when we were busy, but for the most part I'm usually a 30-35 hr a week gal.  Part of that is because we only work 1/2 days on Fridays when we work on Fridays that is.

 

I like my flexibility.......when I need to GO for Miss T, whether it be dance or school, I can. 

 

Just wish bossman would manage his time better rather than waiting until the last minute of the day to "crash n burn".  This isn't my first post about that.

 

I just look at him and say "No, gotta go!" and he gives me a funny look..........realizing that he's waited too late.  Coworker baby's him and coddles him by staying late and appeasing his lack of structure.

 

Not me.......

 

Anywho, things will be quite different when she leaves after Christmas.  Yes, I will miss her.  She can smooth bossman into believing lots of things.  I just tell him flat out the way it is.....no sugar coating.  Yep, things will be different.

 

We are in the process of cleaning up our offices.  Since we are slow, and it's a good idea now that she's decided to run away with her boyfriend.  Get things organized, make it easier to put a finger on things. 

 

Sigh.......................

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck on your new job of 60 hours a week

Anonymous said...

How very sad...all those kids!
It would be nice if the investigators find how the fire started.  Maybe all college kids will take note that they bad things can happen & they remember they are not invinsible.

Bethe    

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))This is sad,my prayers go out to you all.My Boyfriends Boss is stuck in Ca due to the fires,so He says.He always lies.But thats what my Boyriend said.He cant get home,Gary,said,He sounds like Hes just next door.well if He is stuck,I pray He gets home.I pray for them all.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for the kids who survived and the parents of the kids who didn't.  I can't imagine!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I saw this fire on the news. How awful for those who died and their families.
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the work situation.  Sounds "fun".  
Traci

Anonymous said...

Oh man, work situation could get crazy. I like your outlook on it.
So sad about that fire.
Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

This thing is oh so tragic.  To think that a cigarette could have done it makes it even worse.  I wish they would ban those things for good.  I like your joke in the other entry.  Hope you and Miss T have a great Halloween.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I hope things don't change for you at work, at least that part of your life and cute Miss T are making you happy!  Have a fun Halloween. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

i hope things pick up but not so much that you have to work 40 hrs. I wonder so much about what happened at that fire.
Love,lisa