Monday, October 29, 2007

Tragic Fire

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20071029/NEWS/710290352

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=7276736  includes video

USC Students

A very sad end to the weekend on NC's Ocean Isle.....

Tom and I had drove here Oct 14th which was his birthday.  We had gone into Little River SC for an early dinner and we just meandered through the beach streets on our way back home.

No, this is NOT near my home, at least it's not MY beach.  It is about 30 minutes south of the city that I work in.  But it is some 10 miles from the residence of coworker's fiance's home,  They heard the fire trucks and turned on the scanner to listen......she said it was just horrible.

Ocean Isle is a very quiet beach.......not like Myrtle which beams of activities day and night, young and old.

13 college kids.......6 survivors.

I know this will hit home for a lot of parents.  My prayer will be for their comfort.

I sit here typing this thinking of my parents beach house which I visited just last weekend.  Miss T had said "mom, let's go over to the beach house for the night"....she's only almost 11.........one day she'll be in college.

Maybe they turned on the heat for the first time this year and something went wrong.....it was quite windy this weekend on the beaches and it did get chilly.

Maybe.........

Lots of maybe's until we get the official report.

Very sad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just going to ask you about the fire, it is very sad when young lives are lost.

Anonymous said...

I read about that on AOL news. My prayers go to the families and friends of the victims. Helen

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is indeed horrible!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I saw that on the news.  Very sad!  Any reason given so far for why the fire started?

Phil

Anonymous said...

please let us know why this fire happened.....i went to Top Sail Beach when i was 15 and loved it. This is such a tragedy.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

We saw this on the news. So sad.
God bless those families.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I saw this on the news too...very tragic...prayers to all family and friends...hugs,
Joyce