Thursday, October 11, 2007

Updating Today

At 1:30pm I rushed over to the hospital to make the 2pm visiting hours (just in time, whew).  I must say I was pleasantly pleased with my visit.

StepDad had been moved to the opposite side of CCU to kind of a step down area.  We didn't have to wear the lovely yellow gowns but we still had to wash our hands.

Inside a "private" room, as private as can be, there he was, the head of the bed elevated and he was propped up under his back with pillows.  You know laying flat is an uncomfortable thing. 

His color was awesome and the swelling from the extra fluids was subsiding.  He even laughed as best he could and tried to joke with us.  He even asked his friend who was there visiting if he had "taken care of that business deal".......

Geesh that's just like him, always working no matter what.  He told Mom that he remembered she and I being there last night.  I said "do you remember me flipping the hem of your gown up and down to cool you off after you said you were so hot?" and he said "NO". 

I said "well, you were grinning as if you were thinking 'now she's gonna flash everyone' "........ that got a chuckle.

                       

I just had to add that blinkie.......roflmao!!

The 5pm update is that they have removed 2 more tubes and may remove the rest tomorrow and get him up to a regular private room.  That is great news, this means progress!

I was the last to leave the room and I promptly told him that he was not allowed to scare me like this ever again!

                      

Cindilouwho's proof was OK and by OK I mean, OK.  The background came out quite dull and I told the printer that I would go home and see if I could give it some life and email it back to him.

I know how Bridezilla would react to seeing the dull grass.  Guess I'll have to hand paint each stem................

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he is improving.
Traci

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear he is doing so much better...what a fighter!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

glad to hear he is doing much better!


~make it a great day!~
         Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

Glad he's doing good, very good news.  Cindylouwho is a very demanding chick isn't she?  Have a good Friday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

He has been through a lot.  I'm so glad he is starting to act himself already in the CCU.  He will be home in no time it seems.  He's in my prayers.

Allison

Anonymous said...

You're such a good friend...and a good stepdaughter.  Glad all is well with stepdad.
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

sounds like stepdad is doing great and will make a speedy recovery.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
Sorry I haven't been by in ages. I didn't know about your stepdad's problems. Glad to hear things have improved and he's out of CCU. I just went through 4 hours of ttests at the cardiologists last Friday. Thank God, I'm OK. Well my heart is anyway. Sounds like you have been just as busy as every. Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello! Hope your stepdad continues to recover.
Barb      http://journals.aol.com/queenb8261/DiaryofaMadwoman/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good things on your Step-Dad. I am glad that he is getting better every day. I do believe some prayers are geting answered. I hope the pictures turns out good when you get some finishing touches on them. If they were made around here the grass would really be brown on account of the dought. I just woke up smelling smoke. I hope no one has been a fire bug and set some of the mountains afire around here. Smells bad. Helen

Anonymous said...

So glad your stepdad continues to do well.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Glad you step dad is impoving..
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

pop sounds great to me

Anonymous said...

LOL Bridezilla; glad stepdad is okay.... hope you have a great weekend!!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

So happy to read your stepdad is doing better...have a wonderful week...hugs,
Joyce