Sunday, October 14, 2007

IT'S OVER!!! & Happy BD TOM!

Singing the Hallelujah song......

Step Dad is in a regular room and doing great!  Wanting candy bars and Newsweek magazine.  I haven't had a chance this weekend to get to see him, but Mom has kept me up to date.

The Big Event is behind me now. 

Friday night rehearsal was quick and simple, eat and run.

Saturday, I picked up pictures and Miss T and I were dropped off at 10:30am.  We began helping set up, prepare beans and gathering the guest book, etc.

I began Miss T's hairdo, then finally did my own.  It was chaotic a bit.  The bride trying to keep things organized.  The Groom surprised her with the necklace via us girls....tears flowing.  Our single stem roses were beautiful, her bouquet perfect.

The ceremony was very nice....the dog was the hit of the party wanting his momma and daddy to pay attention to him.  She squatted down after the ceremony for a pic with him and tumbled over, feet in the air, drawers showing.........I began singing "The Bride Hits The Floor" to the tune of "The Farmer In The Dell"....pictures snapped of course.

Beach music filled the air while we dined on BBQ pig and the fixings.  The cake was delicious.....can't always say that about wedding cake.

I kept a glass in my hand all night!!  Vodka/cranberry or champagne.  Mr Man kept to just a couple of beer.  YAY HIM!!

Miss T showed all how to dance to "Cupid Shuffle" and even got a Happy Birthday out for Mr Man!  Plus she showed off some of her turns.....scarey, she could be a "professional".

At 11pm Miss T said she was ready to go home....so I took her, (only 5 miles to homebase) then went back to the bride's parents home and talked till about 2:30am...came home and crashed!!!

        *******************************************

So today is Mr Man's 56 Birthday!  We took off for Little River SC to eat an early dinner at Pat & Mike's Irish Pub.  They have the best Shepard's Pie.  Then we meandered our way over into Calabash and Ocean Isle.  Just tooling around.

Once home we found a fresh made (still warm) double chocolate cake waiting on the table.  Roomie said she figured he'd appreciate that!  And boy does he! 

I have been miserable all day....feeling FAT!  FAT! FAT!  Too much alky last night and cake!  So my ride today was uncomfortable.  I kept blaming it on "someone musta washed my jean capri's in hot water and dried them"......ya think I convinced anyone??

Did I mention that I had to get another round of prednizone?  The Mad Itch came back and last Tuesday I called up the doc and she refilled for me.  If this comes back again, I guess I'd better hit the dermatologist.  Thankfully I didn't have the rash or itchies for the Wedding.  I couldn't have contained myself!  Plus the Rx keeps me wound up and semi-awake at night.

Now that I'm megga tired.....I still have the dreaded laundry to look at!  One load in the wash....preparing for one more.  It's a never ending battle. 

However, I DO plan to get in between the sheets before too long! 

Maybe I'll take a sleeping pill.  Some deep Zzzz's would be very nice.

 

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! It's over!  The pictures came out nicely.  Good for you for not killing her before it was over and done with!
Traci
Ps Happy Birthday to Mr. Man.

Anonymous said...

Great pics...even the Bubba teeth!!  Funny how things come out in pics...I'm sure you can edit...if you can make a house and car disappear...whats a lil' teeth.  Finally, its over...thats probably what Cindylouwho is saying!!  ...and a good time was had by all...now time to recuperate.
xoxo !myra

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie...what a busy weekend!  had to laugh at the brides' "pose".

So glad your StepDad is feeling so much better.  He's really doing remarkably well!

((hugs))   Bethe

Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous.....just gorgeous....i had never seen your hubby or i dont remember having ever seen him. Awesome pics.....the bride looks happy...thank God its behind you now. LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Great pix!   Love them...looks like a good time too!

nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Step Dad is doing better each day.  Love the pictures especially of you, that little dog, and I think that picture of the bride over looking the stream was absolutely beautiful.  Take care and have a good week.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Mr. Man.  That's so good that your Stepfather is doing well.  Loved all the pictures, but I think the one with the dog is so adorable!  : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Birthday to Tom. The wedding pictures turned out great. You did good on the beach pictures. The pup was so cute in the wedding picture. LOL on the bride tumbling over to show her undies. Hope you week goes well with no itching. Wonder if it was something in the drinks you were allergic to. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Glad your stepdad is ok. The wedding looked great, you looked great !!
Happy Birthay to Mr. Man.
Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

The wedding looked great and you looked terrific!  Happy Belated Birthday to Tom.
Missie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding...everyone looked so nice.  You looked beautiful.  Hope your StepDad continues on the road to getting out of the hospital soon.  Have a great week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Opp's almost forgot...Happy Birthday to Mr. Man...sounds like he had a wonderful day...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Beans at a wedding? Trying to get everybody to fart here comes the bride?
Happy B-Day Mr Man!

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how beautiful!  You all look so nice!!  Glad the wedding turned out good.  Yumm champagne my favorite. lol  love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures and a beautiful bride and a beautiful Sharon!!!  Love the pictures so much!  And perfect weather for her day.  Happy Bday to Tom!!  Hope ya'll save some chocolate cake for moi!  Not that I need any.... my fat days are in full force right now... I gotta workout.... eat salad and take vitamins.
Lisa