Thursday, November 15, 2007

14 & 15 of Thanks

Wednesday (14th) I had my dermatologist appointment for this mad itch I've had since September 2nd.

Remember I've had 2 rounds of prednizone from my family doc.  The Derm said that with my history of allergies and my dry skin that STRESS has caused this "atopic dermatitis" - excess inflamation in the skin.  It is common with people who have a family history of allergies or asthma.

Stress huh?  Who ME???  ROFL

1) hubby
2) home
3) cindilouwho's wedding
4) stepDad's health
5) j.o.b.

 

So I've been given a super duper strong topical steriod cream to apply 2x a day along with Allegra to take in the A.M. as well as benedryl if needed.  This is all in addition to the Zyrtec (allergy med) that I take at night.

Stay away from perfumes and use fragrance free lotion and NO hot showers for now.

Doc says "let's slam dunk this problem and get histamine blockers in your body like gang busters".

I am THANKFUL that I kept the dermatologist appointment and that this is NOT something severe.

Now with that out of the way we are finally getting some much needed RAIN today.  Only it's in drizzles.  It would be nice if it would pour tonight and be clear Friday and Saturday for Miss T's birthday sha-bang (her big day is next Tues 20th). 

But today I am THANKFUL for this RAIN.  Our water tables are low even out in the country where I am.  The city where I work and it's surrounding 'burbs are on water restrictions.  Well water use is ok, but still they warn against over use.

Coworker and I have finished the office Christmas cards, stuffed and stamped.  We'll just wait till next Tues/Wed to drop them in the mailbox.  We've also been going through her "job" as it seems bossman is still not going to hire a replacement just yet.

He asked me yesterday if I thought I'd be "OK" and I said yes, until it gets busy, then that's another story.  He hasn't mentioned yet a pay increase.

If I'm taking on a "second" job don't you think my salary should "double"??  (not holding my breath)  Coworker said she told him he had better pay me good after she leaves.  Hey, I'd settle for her salary ($1,100/wk)  ROFL.

Wonder what hours he'd be expecting me to put in now???  As it is, I'm on short time due to the permit restrictions and the slow down of building.

He'd better not tell me he can't afford it.........he'd find himself missing 2 employees!!!

 

 

thanks to my awesome tag sharing friends Missie & Shelly

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better life through chemicals!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. You should get her salary and more if you are going to be doing both jobs. Helen

Anonymous said...

Stress can do many things and hope the atopic dermatitis clears soon.  Been stressful here too.  So happy you got your rain...we have it too.  Hope you get that increase in pay...I agree with you!!!
Hugs and love...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I've heard of stress causing all types of skin problems.  Have a good night.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Good deal on the skin issues.  Nice to have a treatment plan.  You better be getting more.  What on earth does she do?!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I say stick to your guns and get that money!!  As for erectile dysfunction, the Thrill won't ever have that problem.  LOL

Phil

Anonymous said...

Ewww... allergy meds.  Sorry.  And our water tables are dangerously low as well.   Ugghhh.  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Glad it was nothing serious. Keep taking those meds untill its all gone!!
We had a lot of rain yesterday. I'll send it your way.
hugs,
Ellen
PS- double your salary would be sweeeeet!

Anonymous said...

Snowed here yesterday. I hate freaking Ohio.
I am glad you have a solution to the skin thing and let us know how it all goes. Your boss should pay you that $1100 a week. Hell, he can come pay me that too! LOL
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Can you stay awake with all those allergy meds?

I'd tell Boss Man...Show me the Money!

Bethe    

Anonymous said...

if your gonna do the work of 2 people then you should get paid double. Have a nice weekend. ((((((huugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what stress can do to us!!!     I hope you get the pay increase that you deserve!!!   I know my boss has been my champion for pay raises lately.   Finally!  

Take care
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hey, if he can get you to do both jobs for the same amount of pay...you betcha he will!!  Until you, ahem, bring it to his attention, that is!  I'm kinda in the same boat...they eliminated a position, gave me two extra people to support, and no add'l $$.  What is up with that!!??
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Gobble Gobble ROFL!