Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Busy - Attempt #2

Was almost done when.......BLINK went the power!!

So as I was attempting to say, I've been busy.

Thursday was of course cooking, cleaning and eating at Mom's.

Friday, Mr Man got up a 4am to get me a MP3 player that was on megga sale, but he wasn't fast enough.

Later in the morning I had TnT put together the tree.  Then Mr Man said "Let's go to the Mall!!"  At 3pm we headed out, just to "watch" people.  That's always funny.

Once home I put on the lights - no one else is allowed that job.  I have at least 1000 lights on the tree.  I also have some special ornaments that only I can place. This of course aggravates the family.  Miss T finished the ornaments.

On Saturday I was messing around in the house thinking I'd put up decorations and maybe lights, but Tom was quite aimless - lost acting.  He announced he was bored and wanted to drive somewhere.  Miss T suggested Raleigh.  At 3pm we hopped in the family truckster and took off for our state captial. 

We stopped for dinner.....Tom's steak was first burnt, then the 2nd one was rare....finally the 3rd attempt was perfect.  Got that one free.  After dinner we headed over to the Crabtree Valley Mall just because.  Macy's was having a sale (of course) so Miss T picked up some ballerina ornaments for herself.

All in all we were home by 10:30pm.

Sunday was going to be MY day.

NOT.

Roomie had dyed her hair a bad red.  She wanted me to help fix it back to blonde or at least a strawberry blonde.  So I whipped up the bleach.  Called my Nanny to see if she wanted hi-lites since I was mixing.

No....she wanted to go shopping!!!  And when I said I didn't want to go, she of course rolled her eyes at me.  Which meant "guilt trip" and "poor pittiful her"...........yeah right.

So here I go again at 3pm (what is it about 3pm??) heading into town so she can find a certain string of lights for a small tree.  She only has SEVEN trees in her house.  No luck on the lights.

Mr Man had headed down to the sports bar to watch his GIANTS lose.  He had a bit too much to drink and called me to come get him!

WOW!  That's a first.  I was proud and pissed at the same time.

Once home, he was wobbly.....I sent him straight to bed.  He got up, bounced around, went back to bed; got up again and CRASH.

He fell into my nightstand --- OUCH!!  It's just a little table, but nonetheless it broke 2 legs.  I said YOU BROKE MY TABLE and he said WHAT TABLE.  I smacked him across the butt with the leg and said THIS ONE!!

Monday morning I noticed a HUGE bruise in his lower back at the kidney level.....and a slice.  I don't know what he hit to cause that.  Maybe the bed frame.......

 

For once, I was glad for Monday to come around so that I could get some peace-----at work!!

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did too much shopping!  LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

WOW! you did have a busy few days. Helen

Anonymous said...

Bah Freakin' Humbug on Christmas!
as depressions settles in!

Anonymous said...

You really were busy, weren't you? I've not been, but will be soon, with Christmas just around the corner. I am like you when it comes to decorating. Nobody does our tree but me. LOL. Love your Coffee Time graphic.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Wow I hope you get your day for just you soon!!!  We have the decorating done except for the lights on the outside of the house.  Yay!!  Tom called you to pick him up!!!  I am so happy!!!  Nanny has seven trees!!  Wow... hubby thinks I am bad with my two trees and the little one in the kitchen.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

He has to be an embarassment for you as well Sharon.  I don't know how you put up with all of that.  Hope you had a decent day.

Phil

Anonymous said...

passing you my bottle of calgon, i think you need it too, lol. Please try and rest, you need to relax after all that. ((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm just thinking...he better not buy you a nightstand for Christmas...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

What a busy holiday weekend!!

Bethe  

Anonymous said...

That is maddening when you lose an entry.  The family Truckster, reminds me of National Lampoon's Vacation lol.  Sorry your Sunday wasn't what you would have liked.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

You sure shop ALOT !!!
I'm coming over and you can color my hair next!
I havent even begun to decorate !
big hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy...i had wondered where you were.....sounds like you all are gearing up for Christmas!
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow you've beeb busy! If I ever woke my hubby at 4am in December, the only thing he would get out of bed would be to sign divorce papers!!! LOL Truly he is a scrooge and hates ANY & ALL shopping with a passion. He says I lose all sanity in December. LOL He might be right. Take time for that cup of coffee now & then!!! Happy Holiday preparations!
Barb