Friday, November 2, 2007

Thanksgiving 2

Today I am thankful for having the day off!!

I'm also thankful for my family.  We're having another baby in the family come late May or early June compliments of my bigger little brother and his wife.  This will be their 2nd and we hope and pray that she carries this one to term.

She had 2 miscarriages before my nephew, so SIL is a bit nervous and will be for the next oh 4 - 6 weeks.  The doc says all looks great.

How exciting!         

I spent my day on laundry......the dreaded ironing.  I also made a homemade chicken pot pie AND a pot of chili.  Tom's request.  He and Miss T had pizza for dinner.....roomie and I had the chicken.

It has been very windy here all day due to Noel.  No rain, I'm sad to say....we need the rain!  The temps are cooling off, but I can hardly tell it during the day.....I'm still running the A/C.  Tom thinks I'm nuts for it, but what can I say?

Must be my wacko hormones.  Esp since AOL is telling me it's 59 outside right now (10:30pm). 

 Roomie rode over to Topsail this afternoon and called "get over here".....she said the waves were cresting as far as the horizon and were spraying up some 20 feet as they crashed on the shore.

I didn't take the time to go over and I'm sure I missed some great photo ops......maybe tomorrow I'll go shell hunting.  To be sure the storm tossed up some beautiful seashells.  Who knows, maybe I'll find something spectacular.

Nite all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to her.  I do hope that it will be an uneventful pregnancy and all will go well.  I heard about that hurricane in the Atlantic.  Have a good weekend. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Home made chicken pot pie and chili i'm in

Anonymous said...

I'm coming for dinner, and to look for shells!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

i hope you find some awesome shells. we're suppose to get alot of  wind today, brrrrrrrr it is freezing n here. Hope you have a nice weekend. (((((((huugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That's cool about the soon to be new addition to the family.  I hope as you do that she carries it to full term.  Hope you have a good weekend.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that your sil is able to carry the baby to full term!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I love going shelling after the storms!  That's a blast.  Love babies too...prayers for a successful pregnancy!  love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

i want some chili. PLEASE?

Come get me and let me go to Topsail too.
i love you pretty,
lj

congrats on your bro and SIL being prego!

Anonymous said...

Chicken Pot Pie sounds so good.  I guess its time to bring on the comfort food.

Bethe    

Anonymous said...

The food you are cooking sounds so delicious!!!  A new baby is always so wonderful!!!!  Prayers!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bless your brother and SIL. I hope everything goes well for them. Good luck on finding pretty seashells. Helen