Saturday, November 3, 2007

Thankful 3rd

I am thankful that today's weather was perfect!  Also that I have the dreaded laundry to do, because without it I wouldn't have any clothes.  I am also thankful that roomie is out tonight on a date and will be tomorrow as well....maybe I can continue to get things accomplished in this mess of a house.

We drove to Wrightsville Beach to look for our shells before going to Miss T's solo practice.  Didn't find many there...I'd bet there would have been more and better ones washed up at Mom's beach house on Topsail.

The day was beautiful and the wind was calm.  I was amazed at the amount of errosion AND the difference in what people were wearing.  There were some sunbather's in bikini's and others were bundled up.  It was 65-67 out so anything goes I guess.

We parked about 10 blocks south of the pier and walked to the pier....Tom drove up to get us.  One of the pics you see Tom waving at us to "let's go" from the entrance of Mercer's pier.  Hurricane Fran damaged the original pier and this is the new improved one.  I love how the sun was glistening on the water. 

The surfers were everywhere and the waves were nice.  Sometimes the wind caught the edge of the wave and the water would spray up nicely.  I wasn't the only one out with my camera.

I love the beach..................sigh.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics. i love the beach too. i hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. ((((hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love your beach!  I love the ocean too.  And I'm really loving this weather.  I bet it won't last long here in Fl.  lol Great thankfuls you have.  I'm thank ful for a friend like you!  : )  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

P.S.  I'm doing laundry too.  

Anonymous said...

oh that looks like heaven on earth to a chick in Ohio dealing with 30 degree weather! GREAT pics.
love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived within driving distance to a beach.  I'd be there all the time.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Great photos, and with the Ken Burns it loks like it's in motion!  I saw a baby in just a diaper and standing beside him/her were people with jeans and T-shirts.  

Fabulas day!!    Bethe    

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures of the sunbathers in bikinis?  Have a good week.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures. Sure it's nice by you now, that's because that Noel storm made it's way up here and we had SO much wind yesterday!!! Not much rain though.
((((((HUGS))))))))
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I just love all the pcitures of the ocean.  You have it so lucky being able to see that an a daily basis if you so choose.  The does look like a lot of errosion of the sand there.  It's funny how surfers just love a hurricane isn't it.  Enjoy you Sunday. : )

Allison