Tuesday, November 6, 2007

You Knew It Wouldn't Last.....

                      

Tom that is........dropped Miss T off for dance, said he was going window shopping; then going by the restaurant to pick up last weeks pay for his 12 hrs.

I said "ah, and we know what THAT always leads to...."

and of course HE said "no, no it won't".

Picked up Miss T, ran through Toys R Us, then she wanted Taco Bell and then I decided to ringie ding ding his cell phone.

Straight to voice mail.

Me says to self "Self, lets be sure to look over at the restaurant on the way home" and self agreed.

Sure enough, he's still there (8:30pm).

Been drinking.

Irritates wife of course.

Told him this had to stop (again).

Wished for a cop.

He drove off and Miss T says "Mom, what are you going to do?"

I asked "About what?"

"Him" she says......and of course I asked her what she meant.

"You know like Divorce".

I said "OK"

She said "can we wait till after Christmas so we can go to Florida?"

Once home I told him of her request.  He said he wanted to hear it from her....so she tells him.  He agreed to her that he would leave if that's what she wanted.

Then he turned to me and said "and I'm taking ALL my money with me."

FINE, whatever, there is no reasoning with a drunk.

So he's off, to bed, mumbling about how he'll take this and that and she'll take this and I'll get 50% of the house.......when he said that I said "oh and I'll get 50% of the truck too"............(I've left the voice recorder on in the room...hehehehhe)

Didn't Forrest Gump's Momma have a saying?????

Stupid is as stupid does?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

smart cookie miss T is ....sometime you just have to cut your loses and move on,for a better life down the line in the next part of your life...love yah and wishing you the best of in what ever you choose to do Sharon only you can make that final descision ..God Bless you and miss T

Anonymous said...

you got yourself one smart little girl there for sure. she takes after her momma for sure. i love that you left the recorder on, heehee. (((((hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

When the kiddo speaks, mom should listen.  She is one smart kiddo.  I love her wait til after Christmas!  Spoken like a true kid!  
She's right, time to make a change.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I really do hope you can get away from it.  It's never going to change.  It may get worse.  He could hurt someone.  He could hurt you.  He could hit someone while driving.  I am praying for you.  You have one heck of a smart daughter.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

PS I was just thinking that I was married to an alcoholic the first time around.  And he is still an alcoholic.  He went through AA but he still drinks.  It's very hard.  Especially for my son.

Anonymous said...

You know you have to do what is best for you and Miss T.  She seems so aware of everything that is going on.  She needs to be away from that stuff and so do you.  You deserve so much better.  Stay positive. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

If this is what Miss T wants, that says alot. Poor kid.
You have to do whats right for her. And you of course, but you know what I mean.
He needs to wake up. Stop destroying his life , yours, and your daughters.
(((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))
E.

Anonymous said...

I think you will have to make decisions soon for you and Miss T....it will only get worse...she is one, very smart young lady!!!  Keeping you both in prayer.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Get rid of the truck

Anonymous said...

I don't know your situation in detail, however, I feel for Miss T.  So many times I had wished my parents would have gotten divorced.  Staying together just for the kids is no good!  Enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

So sorry. I'm sorry that your daughter is the one saying she wants it to end finally.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

have you ever went to Alanon? Has Miss T?
Unless he admits he has a problem and wants to change nothing will ever be different. Love you so,lisa

Anonymous said...

praying for all i am sorry

Deb

Anonymous said...

out of the mouth of babes, Miss T is unhappy about her dad, to speak up like that in front of the guy certainly took some guts. Its a sad situation you are all in but yours and miss T life could and would be heaps better without a drunk husband/dad dragging you down. apart from that i hope you are doing ok.
love and hugs
katie