Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thanksgiving Month

          

Our very own XX Roxy Mama XX has an entry today of Thankfulness.  I was just saying how we should each add at least ONE thankful notation in each of our journal entries this month. 

(Watch me be the one to forget - putting sticky note on monitor right now.)

I am thankful to a wonderful God for my life and salvation. 

 

Speaking of "thanks" I am also grateful that my Miss T had a great time going door to door last night with her friend in their neighborhood.  This Mom's house was all decked out with lights and pumpkins and window decorations and scarey music and even a fog machine.  They even made candy apples.  (I was so jealous)  I want a fog machine....and a strobe light.....and....

It gave me hope again..........I have been in such a funk about everything this year.  No decorations.  And after seeing this home this past weekend, I decided to add the lights to my porch and I also put a light up Bat and Ghost in the window.  Tom thought I was nutz doing this on Oct 30th.

    Today is 50% and more off day on the Halloween decorations, so I stopped in at the local Wally and picked up a couple of things for next year.......optimistic aren't I?

AC Moore has the light up window dec's too, so I may slip over there later today.....hehehehehehe......that way, next year when Tom says "I've never seen this" I can say "Oh, I've had that for a long time"....

They also had a couple of nice wall deco's for Christmas.  Gotta get that 40% off coupon that's in today's paper and ...............

Geeesh, speaking of Christmas, I have already wrapped 4 gifts!  Plus I have several more already, but they need some added extras.  Like coworker for example.....she's moving to TX so I've got her some body scrub (she likes to pamper) and I thought I'd get her some gift certificates for dinner.  You know what it's like to move and eat....no time to cook.

Wow, I guess that's a second "thankful" item.....that I've gotten a head start on my Christmas shopping.

I'd really like to have new Christmas decorations.....not so much for my tree, but for the house.  I'm getting tired of some things.  My Nanny puts up lots of trees inside.....about 7 I think.  She has the fiber optic ones, some pre-lit regular lighted ones....small ones, medium ones, but it looks so great in her old country home. 

Tom would freak if I had 7 trees..............

thanks to Candy Cats!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i'm thankful for 2ply quilted charmin on my drizzling shit days!

Anonymous said...

I didn't decorate much this year either.  Pumpkins on the porch and that's it.  Oh well there is always next year.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the back of halloween as pumpkins are now reduced in price. I love pumpkin soup.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

SHHHH,  don't say Christmas too loud!  I'm not ready for it! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous I can't afford to Christmas shop until the beginning of December....June:)

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I love Thanksgiving,my fave Holiday,not jst becaus of the food,spending time with family.I love it.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Get out of that funk.  I know it is hard to but you have Miss T.  I wish I got to enjoy my little girl grow up.  Have a good Friday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Miss T looked so pretty!  Glad you had a good time and that you had an evening without all the worry. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

I like the thankful idea. I should do it too.
We decorated on the 31st !!! So I know how you feel. Just wasnt into it this year. We also have no halloween decorations, I thought of getting some on sale now, but it might be to late already.
Big hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

i have gobs of Christmas stuff.....94% of it is Goodwill finds....i did not decorate for Halloween either.....sometimes real life causes you to not get to the fun stuff, huh?
Enjoy your Friday.
Love Truly,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

cuz Tom would think you have to get presents for ALL 7 trees!!  Kudos to you for getting out of that funk...and recognizing that you were in it!!  
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night night that I bought a fake christmas tree? lol  We never buy fake trees.  Weird.  I like your thankfuls. : )  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtfulfriend you are!  Gift Certificates for dinners...that's wonderful!

Bethe