Monday, November 12, 2007

Thankful 11 & 12

 

As Sunday and Monday were the official VETERAN'S DAY's I salute each and every soldier this great USA has ever had.

From day one when the first settlers came over.....to this very day, the people in this great country we call America have been fighting for the rights of freedom.

My father-in-law is an Army Vet of the Koren Conflict; my hubby is an Air Force Vet from Vietnam.  My step-Dad pulled his Navy tour with the Cuban Crisis.  My bigger little brother is an Air Force Vet of the first Desert War (stateside).

Both of my Grandfather's had heath related issues that kept them from WWII, but nonetheless, stateside they were fighting, keeping the family safe and fed.

Each day with each voice and vote, we are all soldiers.

To those who gave all and those still with us

I SALUTE and thank YOU! 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could wish my Stepdad a happy Veteran's Day.  He fought in WWII.  He's up in heaven watching over his family.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I like this entry!  All veterans should be honored.  At the race on Sunday they had them all stand and the fans applauded them.  It was so cool.  

Allison

Anonymous said...

God Bless them all !!!

Great flag !
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your tribute to all soldiers !

Anonymous said...

Awesome my thankful sister. : ) Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

what a lovely tribute to a bunch of honorable men.
LOVE ya

lisa

Anonymous said...

Great entry!

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

great tribute. God Bles all veterans and those still fighting for our country and for us. (((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))What a beatiful entry.HAve a nice day.