Monday, February 18, 2008

....then WINNERS!

Yay!  Miss er, Roxy T's solo!  2nd place!!

 

Her groups all won First! and some had overall scores for the day!!!

Friday night was a blast.  "S" had her very first Solo ever and it went off great.  Then T........the awards were soooo late.

I had an extra Mom and Kid in my room for the night.  They rode down with us and her hubby was coming down on Saturday.  I took them back to the hotel so they could swim while we waited on awards. 

When I got back to the room, there was another extra kid and the other kid was annoyed with that one.  Then WE got annoyed with her - she was loud and obviously off her meds.  Her mother went out to eat and didn't come in till 1am to get her.

HELLO!??  Who does that?

Finally some sleep.  Then up and out to brunch for an afternoon of dances.  Some of our groups only had about 2 songs between performances.  That made for some very tired, hot kids and quick changes.

Luckily awards were earlier....5pm.  We met "S" and her Mom for steak dinners.  We were craving a good steak and boy did we pig out!  Got the girls chili cheese fries and we shared parts of our meal with them.  I ordered steak and shrimp with veggies and a caeser salad AND a bowl of baked potato soup!  Piggie!!!!  Gave T the steak.

Back at the hotel.......the girls went swimming.  T had started the morning out not feeling her best, but I kept her full of meds and she seemed to get alot better.

I poured my flask with Seagrams and Sprite and headed poolside to watch and talk.

Someone poopied in the pool!

For real!

They had to evacuate the big pool.....luckily T & S were in the lazy river.  They chemicalized the pool and put up the "Closed" sign.  Boy did we have fun with that one pointing fingers!

 

Later on "S" wanted to stay in our room......no problem.  Still not to bed before 1am.....geeesh!

A late breakfast on Sunday and Miss T and I were off to the outlet to do a little shopping.  Claire's of course!  And the Disney Store.

Home Sweet Home and a nap for me!

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!
Congratulations to all the girls and moms too!!
ewwww.... poopie in the pool... lol...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

congrats miss t
I was so happy I could just shit! lol!

Anonymous said...

congrats. Now it sounded like a very busy time and tiring.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Roxy T! Tell her Aunt Martha us proud of her :-)
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun for the most part -- hopefully enough fun to forget about the DVD player ::sigh::
Speaking of poopie, it's back to work for me tomorrow -- grrr!
Have a great week! See you next weekend!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh good for them!  And yeah for 2nd place!   sounds like an exciting weekend.  You say the mom left the child with y'all and didn't come back for her until 1 am?  Seriously?!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Congrats all around. Hope things are well with you.
Barb  

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! I would love to be able to watch her live sometime at a competition I think they are so much fun to go to!
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

HUGE CONGRATS!  I am so proud and happy for Miss T. I am cracking up at the thought of someone pooping in the pool.

Hand that flask over my way soon, k?
love ya

lj

Anonymous said...

Shopping just isnt shopping without a trip to Claire's!  LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting weekend.  Hope your week will be a good one.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Congrats to RoxyT!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I wish I went shopping with you . . . I love the Disney store.  Congrats to Miss T.  Have a happy tomorrow.  : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Miss T!  Awesome job!

You must be so proud of her.  It sounds like you had a good time, for the most part.  Regarding the pool...ewwww!  I am always amazed that some people can be so ignorant, whether it is someone doing it on purpose or not putting the appropriate attire on their babies.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

WTG Ms. Roxy T...rolf...gotta love that kid.  Now is Tom coming home tomorrow?  Dang, just when I was going to ship Da man in Pa to Texas.  Seriously, though, is he on his way.  I'm hoping this trip has done him some good.  It appears to have him thinking but old habits die hard.  Keeping my fingers crossed...Hugs  Chris

Anonymous said...

Way to Go girl !! I know how proud Mama is !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so great!!  not the poop though gross!  rose

Anonymous said...

congrats to miss t. ewwwww someone pooped in the pool? how gross. (((((((hugs))))))
Cindy