Thursday, April 6, 2006

Home early but NOT! & Duct Tape

For once I go home an hour early on Wednesday to attend a school function with the kid only she has her days mixed up...it was s'pozed to be Tuesday - yesterday.  OK, so we all head back home and I actually cook dinner for a change - fried pork chops - they were delicious, even the hubby raved.  As soon as I am finished with my meal, my Nanny pops up at my back door with "ya wanna go with me to Lowe's?"  Of course I say NO, but we all end up heading out to the store. 

At least I was able to accomplish one thing for my self...I needed a flange for a 3/4" pipe to be able to sit this on the floor.  It is a clothes hanger for dance traveling.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to "hang" several dance outfits near your designated station and not have them end up in the floor or wadded up in the dance bag?  Plus this weekend we'll be out in the open area full of wind from the river...need to be able to keep up with the outfits.  It was 8:45 when we got home....and still had miles to go to be ready for bed.

And Tom bought a new toilet seat....now here's a cute story.  One morning this past weekend I heard him complaining while he's in the throne room....seems he cracked his seat (yes HIS seat - I use a diff bathroom) and then later split it all the way.  So he's complaining now that he's gonna get pinched (poor baby).  Well, he's the plumber, so I figure he'll handle this.  Later I walk through the bathroom into my closet and notice that he has repaired the toilet seat.........with duct tape!  Such a good invention this duct tape...it's everywhere! and can remedy most anything.

Up in the country one day I actually laid eyes on a truck with the bed full of moving boxes etc and these were held securely in place with......duct tape.  Yep...all the way from one side of the truck body to the other just like a rope.  Musta been someone really into Nascar --- using the 200 mph tape that way!  I'm also told that duct tape will remove warts.  Yep, just cover the wart w/duct tape and replace every 2 days for a week.  Something in the glue.....imagine what it is doing to the paint on that truck!  Wonder if it will work the same way if we wrapped our homes with it during a hurricane???????? Hmmmmmmm.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh I am laughing so hard!  I bet it would hold up in a hurricane.  Lol.  Fixed the potty with it eh?  Lol. !!!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Rick uses duct tape for everything!  LOL about the toilet seat! Barbara

Anonymous said...

My MIL once bought me a tshirt with a picture of a roll of duct tape on it.
The caption read: "I can fix anything, I have duct tape".....

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for commenting in my journal today..i have you on alerts now! i love the duct tape stories....you should've got a pic of DH's duct taped toilet seat! LOL
Take care, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Interesting info on the duct tape...The funny thing about it to me is how it sticks to wood or paint or anywhere you might not want it to and then when you want to pack a box to put in storage....it just can't seem to stick to a cardboard box?  Dinner sounded yummy...Takecare and have a great rest of the evening...TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Now that hurricane duct tape thing is an idea! lol  Too funny.  Glad you got your rack and seat.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Some men can be duct tape crazy.  That toilet seat sounds kinda redneck to me LOL.  Toilet seats don't cost that much anyway.  Have a great weekend.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Duct taped toilet seat? LOL!! Now that really is a good one! Men! LOL!!
I'll have to keep the tape in mind too since hurricane season is right around the corner again! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

my hubby also loves to use duct tape...just wished it came in different colors.  He broke the ax chopping wood, and yes he tried to use duct tape to fix it...lmao. Needless to say it wasn't a good idea...lol Take care,
Dwana

Anonymous said...

Aw, the wonders of duct tape...lol.  My son swears by it.  So does my BF.  Duct tape can solve all problems.  At least you got a good, home-cooked meal out of the mix up.  That's always a treat.  Have a great weekend!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment in my journal but i didnt understand if you wanted the tag or not. Thats funny how do you crack a toilet seat i have never heard of that one before :)