Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hump Day Again

Wow....already?  Gee time flies.......

Sigh, let me see.....

 

Mr Man update.  The hospital called yesterday to check in on Tom...roomie had answered phone and I could hear him saying "yeah, fine, no problems.....Oh, I have a question.  Can I drink a glass of wine?"

Lady says yes...............HUH?

We call back and say to her "Do you realize you just told a chronic, active Hep patient that he could drink alcohol?"

Of course she didn't realize it and she immediately called him back to say "Ooops I made a mistake and just realized that as a Hep patient NO you can NOT drink alcoholic products."

This all stemmed from the fact that, once again, he had been drinking wine and said it was not a big deal.  So he wants to prove us right and asks this nursie person.  He didn't bank on being overheard and us BUSTING him on it by having her call back.

(I heard y'all ---- that's with a capital    thank you!)

 

Miss T is enjoying 5th grade so far.  She got the teachers that she wanted and needed.  I think that will help her a lot this year.  She is beginning to have the "big girl on campus" attitude and that is great....she's normally so docile.  '

But of course this morning she's ill with me - I'm the one on her case to get up and get going....we were working on an "All About Me" sheet.  I didn't like her answers and she didn't like my suggestions.  For instance, "Five words that describe me are......." and she wrote Johnny Depp .............. now, she is NOT JD at all.......

I said that they were looking for describing words like "fun, silly, nice, friendly.........etc"

"Moooooooooooooooooooooooom!"  Ugh!

Once Mr Man had returned from dropping her off at school I said "What shoes did she wear?".

him "Her tennis shoes"      me "Really?"

"yeah...she had those pink socks"

I said "the pink socks that are laying on the couch?"

He said "I don't know where they were."

I say...."the socks that are ON the COUCH?"

He didn't get it.

I said "Tom, the socks are still on the couch and both pair of tennis shoes are right here......what shoes did she wear?"

"I don't know"

I'm thinking she wore those nasty, blown out flip flops.  I almost went to the school to make her trade shoes.  When she gets home those flops are hitting the nearest trash can.

Here's a shot of her and my nephew on Monday.  He's a hoot!

That T shirt she has on LANNY is from my favorite sub sandwich place up on the beach.

I have been trying for YEARS to get one.  So I call the owner over and say "this is my 100th or 300th pizza and sandwich, don't I get a t-shirt with this?"  He says as usual NO.  Since my roomie is in advertising, she says to the owner "I'm doing an article and I'd like to plug your restaurant" so he turns on his heels and grabs.............2 t-shirts, one for her and one for Miss T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T has hers hidden from me - says she doesn't want me to take it over.  Roomie is still holding on to hers.

Speaking of the pizza....I had a leftover slice of the house special for breakfast.  I figure it's like having an omlet...without the eggs.

Sausage, peppers, onions, beef, roni, canadian bacon, cheese, sauce on "toast"...........that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Gotta take a Prilosec now..................

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That a boy Tommy,sorry but I would have tried the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday and hope the school year goes well for Miss T!!   Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That's funny about the shirts!  Not for you of course!  Happy Hump day!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Hope you make it over the hump with flying colors! Take care and have some fun!
Katie

Anonymous said...

I think you should have gotten a shirt also.  Enjoy the rest of your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Have a wonnderful Wednesday.....enjoy back to school...here it is next week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, rub it in that you are the Pizza and Sub queen hahaha  You must like to torment me....I haven't had a sub for a very long time and pizza is like a once in awhile thing around here now. In fact, pizza used to be my favorite food and somehow ended up down the list aways. As for Tom, he should be thanking his lucky stars that he has you to look out for him. And you only seem overbearing because he refuses to take charge of his existance.   Hugs Lanny, the man that wants a sub!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr Man wont give up !  I wish things were different, I hope he figures out what he needs to do to fix this.
LMAO of the flip flop story ! And of course Dad was clueless as to what she wore! Typical.
hugs to you
Ellen

Anonymous said...

have a good week:) maybe Mr Man will listen and learn no more alcohol.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, the little purple pill, I love it!!  Pizza?  Notsomuch :)  I'd say that was a busted big time on Mr Man!!  Bet he didn't like that at all...you still getting the silent treatment??  He'll eventually tire of it!  
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Glad Ms. T is enjoying school so far.  As for Mr. Man he is going to do whatever it is he wants to do.  Have a good Thursday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I don't think he needs a glass of wine nor should he dress Miss T.  She is such a pretty girl.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I think all of us can remember sneaking out and wearing something the parents would not approve of, or at least mom, lol.  I know you'll be on shoe alert from now on though, lol!  She is a cutie!  I was thinking as I was reading about the pizza, oh my stomach.  I love food, but often times it does not love me.  I inherited a malady of stomach issues, and I joke with our family members that I will eventually be reduced to eating baby food from jars because my stomach is so sensitive.  I have high acidic levels for some reason.  Maybe I need to look into it.  Hmmm.  Anyhow, looks like the school year is off and running.  I hope you have a great day!