Friday, August 24, 2007

TGIF? YES!

Lemme s'plain.....

As you may know, I work for a builder.  We have a project that is nearing completion....about 300 townhomes.  Boss wants to complain that things are not moving fast enough.

Problem?

Boss....won't make decisions timely. 

Then fusses at super who in turn rants about "can only do what I'm given to work with".  If no one makes decisions, then work cannot commence.  If decisions are made, they need to be relayed to the Super.

Many times super calls me and asks "where are we getting...." and "who is installing........now"?  Crazy....down right nuts.

Speaking of nuts, coworker then gets involved indirectly, talking about things she knows nothing about and creating thus another problem.

Stay out if it!

Bossman thinks because super is ranting he's wanting a pay raise.  Not the case (but would be nice).  He only wants boss to realize what all has been added to his plate since he does not and never has had a punch guy.  He's doing the work of 3 men.

When we did have a punch guy (one who goes in walk through's and the customer points out items that need fixing or adjusting then fixes them) the guy was NOT doing his job.  Many MANY times we told bossman and it was ignored.

So in the last 10 months, super has been expecting that some 50 punch lists were taken care of.................

.....................

..........NOT!

I hate to beat a dead horse..........

 

Anywho,  Tom spent Wednesday at the j.o.b....came home and isolated himself to his den watching TV and ignoring us all.  Was funny watching him "ignore" us to our face....he'd walk through with a deliberate walk, a semi-frown on his face with his chin raised....was the dumbest look for a grown man.

He was able to see someone in our local VAclinic finally on Tuesday.  They mentioned to him about a "heart attack".....I wonder just how much longer this will go on.  We STILL don't have the referral from his GP Doc for a cardiologist and I have not made an appt either.

Bad me?

No....not my problem.

I know that sounds terrible, like I don't care.  That's not it.

I'm tired of holding hands.

My concern about Mr Man and the V.A. is that they are giving him meds (yay) but the meds they are giving him are Percocet.

Sweet.....an addict with percocet for his pain management.  Just lovely.

  Miss T is off with the Grammy today and a friend to Myrtle Beach just to play miniature golf and maybe go to the aquarium.  They left around 10am.....should be home by dinner time, I hope.

I also hope that Miss T does NOT want to invite this friend for the night.  2 reasons:  1)  I don't wanna and 2) she has solo practice Saturday.

I don't need any further drama.

Roomie's BF's "plane" didn't land last night or the night before.  It is "scheduled" for today only he's stopping off somewhere else first, then driving on in.

I'm NOT holding my breath.  If this really comes together today or Saturday I will be in total shock.

In the meantime I just wanna relax, sip a cool drink and clear my mind. 

What I'll really be doing is stressing over the list of things I need to do.

Laundry.........the never ending pile!

Getting school gear together for MONDAY.

Checking on the Bridezilla Cindilouwho.

Compiling my business venture info....anyone out there have Grant experience?

I have let a lot of things "go" with roomie being a guest.  Not that she hinders me, but I just am not motivated AND I don't want to be told what/how to do.  Oh well..................

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I would be thankful it Friday too! I say... go and have your sips of  your coolest drink and enjoy some me time! Enjoy your weekend and worry about the worries at another time! Take care of you,
Katie

Anonymous said...

they could of given vicodin or oxy's,percocet to me is baby asprin.
have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you are very ready for a relaxing weekend, and I hope you get it.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

God, you better get him fixed with that heart.  You only get one.  We know that first hand as of today.    for some reason I didn't realize you had a "roomie".  good luck with that.  Been there too many times.  Anywho, I hope you have a wonderful weekend dahling. love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

too bad you cant get in a car and run off for a day.....all of these people sound like AH's at the moment and you do not deserve all of this!
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

Lends new meaning to peeping Tom.  You're one busy lady!!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Watch the pain killers, that's not a good senerio with Mr. Man and his prior problems, but you know that already.
I hope the plane lands ! Geez. You have a lot on your plate between work and home.  Hope your weekend is good , relaxing and drama free!!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

All sounds too crazy --- I say go for the "relax, sip a cold drink and clear your mind" and forget the rest! ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL Bridezilla!!  I lament the growing laundry pile as I am right there with ya.  And all the running with the kiddos.... hope ya get some time for just you!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are sure going through a lot.  Glad you feel free to vent here.  Hopefully your weekend will be less hectic and that the office politics go away too!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Lol i love your bottom graphic. Things will work out for you,It is hard to get motivated but i am sure everything will be done on time. If it isnt so what theres always another day.
love and hugs
Katie