Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Prayers Needed for Abron & family

CaringBridge.org - abronkelly 

Some of you will remember I've written about one of my co-workers daughter.  She received a 2nd kidney transplant last year and so far so good.  (First one from her Mom she rejected; 2nd one was from a 16 yr old girl who died in a car accident.)

Until now....they did a biopsy last week...seems she is trying to reject the kidney.  She is in Duke being monitored and medicated. 

Abron is such a brave and strong little girl.  It is heartbreaking to know she is going through this again.  Her Dad (one of our superintendant) is very disraught.  Mom remains positive, yet cautious - she's a nurse.

I cannot imagine the mixed emotions that the family must have right now.  Fear, pain, anger, along with hope and love .... at least the docs are treating her with all they know how.

We all will pray for God's will.......I will ask for God to heal her and not take her from us.  But I also know that whatever His decision, it is the best for Abron. 

Yes, I question why such a beautiful, talented child has to suffer....but I can't answer that.  Yes, I want a miracle drug to heal her so that she can be a "normal" kid and go to school and laugh and play. 

I  have just spoke with the Dad....he sounds so depressed and empty.  I said "don't you love me anymore?" and he replied "No I don't"....and smirked a tiny bit and said "what do you think of that?"............sad........empty.

When we hung up, I went to her site on Caringbridge and read about the medications she is getting and how she is having to remain in Duke.  I left her a note to KICK BUTT and that she would be receiving many prayers. 

I know J-land will sound many for her and for that I am grateful as well as is her family.  Tom's baby brother is a 2 time kidney recipient also....he knows the fear and challenges....and he will pray also!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

they have a miracle drug called stem cell research but it is hard to sway the minds of the gov.!
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Anonymous said...

That poor child!  I thought she was doing so well.  She's in my prayers.
missie

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family. (((((Hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Bless her.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I am sending up prayers right now!!!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'll pray that this new kidney won't be rejected.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Prayers of complete healing going up for her. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon... I have been meaning to stop by and visit your journal for the longest time now and finally I have made it..... I like your journal!!!! I will be praying for Abron!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

May God heal this child, give her parents strength and give her doctors the healing ability they need

God Bless
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Praying God will give His healing mercy to this child and peace and comfort to her family and loved ones!  Amen!

Anonymous said...

prayers beginning for this sweet girl.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

It is heartbreaking, especially when children are so ill.  We, as parents, can so relate.  "There but for the grace of God, go I".  Prayers for Abron and her family :)
xoxo ~myra

Anonymous said...

Prayers on the way!

Anonymous said...

I hope so very much that the little girl will accept that kidney or another one is forthcoming.  I will pray for the entire family that nothing but good and positive thngs will happen.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Abron..
Lyn