Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lazy Sunday

 

Megga lazy day.....

Tom and I were in the pool last night for about 1 hr...waiting on the "gravy" so that we could put together the baked ziti.

Pool temp is at 80 ....last year I remember it being 90 and like a sauna!  It was very refreshing.  Roomie had got bit by some fire ants so she had a snack of Benedryl and conked out.

The phone ringing at 9:30am was what got me up....my Nanny wanting to know if Miss T was going to church with her. 

After she left for church, roomie and I donned our suits and hit the pool for a while.  It was soooooooo relaxing.  Tom wouldn't join us, said it was too cold (?????).

He is in a decent mood.  Yesterday's talk obviously worked.  I shall not complain.

My roses that we planted this spring have shot up and finally the Tropicanna has blossomed.  A couple of days ago it was the runt, but over the last 2 days it has "rose" to the occassion.

Check these out!

The heat here has evaporated some of the pool water, so we ran the hose in to add about 2" to it....it is s'posed to rain this coming week, so I may have an overflowing pool before it's done.

Tomorrow begins TOM'S job helping his friend "J" at the restaurant....M/W/F  - 10-3....let's see how that works out.  It's gonna be interesting to see how his schedule works out with the dance schedule.

Tomorrow also begins the new dance season and the countdown to the first day of school.  One last week of freedom.

Monday the 27th = SCHOOL.  Funny, Miss T says she is ready for it to begin.  I'm not looking forward to early mornings but it is an evil necessity.  5th Grade!  Wow!!  She is growing up so very fast....VERY FAST!  It was just a little while ago she was a cute 3 year old with a silly smile.  Now she is so grown up and with a mind of her own.......scarey.

Time flies................

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that good things continue to happen for you two.  Those roses are so beautiful.  I wish my husband would give me flowers once in a while, I love them so much.  Have a good week Sharon.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Roses are beautiful. Great pics. I only get roses in the spring and late summer.  They are under a huge oak tree and only get sun at those times. LOL Our pool got up to 90 when we were leaving the solar blanket on it. So we left if off every other night and that seems to help. It was like swimming in a hot bath. LOL You had to get out to cool off. LOL Glad you got to have a lazy day.
Have a good week.
Barb    

Anonymous said...

i really dont know if there is anything as beautiful as a rose...yours are gorgeous! A hot pool sounds great to me.....and i am so GLAD Tom was in a better mood.
love you,lj

Anonymous said...

Those roses are just beautiful. Glad that you and roomie had such fun in the pool. Sorry roomie got bit by so many fire ants, those stings are painful. Helen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!  I think my daughter is getting excited about school starting next week too!  She will be the big Senior though and get to park in the *Seniors* parking lot, lol.  It will be an exciting year, to be sure!

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are gorgeous !!  School starts for us after labor day. Few more weeks.
Enjoy the last week of freedom!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

have a great day.
nice roses

Anonymous said...

This school year is a big change for us.  Nicci will have to be up at 6am, which means I have to be up at 6am.  With homeschooling, we didn't have a wake up time! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

P.S.  The roses are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Mine went back to school today! woohoo...I have the whole house to myself. lol  sort of. I'm babysitting a 7 month old for a few hours.  I'm glad you all are enjoying your pool.  : ) love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

the pics of the roses are awesome.  Love em'.
Hope you have a great week,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful roses. Rebecca starts school middle of sept. Kindergarten. Have a great day. ((((hugs))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon... I gotta know, is Tom doing the roses are is it a joint effort because whoever is taking care of them deserves a huge pat on the back... they are glorious!! Simply stunning!!!  Love them so much.  I have three rose bushes on the sideo the house and I spent so much time worrying about my boring front yard and back yard and deck I bet they died by now.  I've seen them once.  Cuz I've been on the side of the house only one time so far since I lived here.  LOL.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HELLO HOWS IT GOIN? LOVE YOUR FLOWERS, I ONLY HAD 1 ROSE THIS SUMMER ON MY STINKEN ROSE BUSH AND IT DIED THE 1ST RAIN WE HAD..LOL  NMAYBE NEXT YEAR
HAVE A GOOD ONE
HUGS
NOELLE

http://journals.aol.com/rayne1123/ThewaysofRayne/

http://journals.aol.com/rayne1123/a-journey-through-my-second-preg/

http://journals.aol.com/rayne1123/photography/

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((9HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))Sounds like things are going good for you.I am sorry for oyur friend that got bite.I hope She is ok.HAve a nice day.