Thursday, June 8, 2006

Big Hit and Sad News too

Well, the shorts were a bit hit!  We took a picture of his reaction to them (only coworker forgot to download it and send it to me).  Let me back up a little.  When bossman walked in this morning I said to him "I had a little trouble with one pair of shorts"...he said "trouble?....." I said "yeah, well, come here and I'll show you what I had to do".  During this my co-worker was setting up to take the picture.  I pulled the shorts out of the bag saying "I think it was this pair....." and as I held them up he scanned them, and then gave me a big face smile and let out a chuckle.

  Next thing I know, he's saying that he's gonna put them on at home tonight to "see if they will be OK to wear on his trip"...he has a young son I call "the little shit" who is a prankster, I'm sure he'll get a big kick outta this!  The wife will howl!  So I find out today that bossman is heading to Costa Rica till Wednesday... UH HELLO!!  Did you forget about the little people??????

colorwheel.gif

So the sad news is that a neighbor is missing.  He's a 79 yr old man with dementia and lives around the corner with his wife, daughter & SIL and they haven't seen him since about 3:30am Wednesday.  There were helicopters flying real low over our property (24 ac) looking and looking and they're out there today too with 4 wheelers.  I don't think they'll find him, alive.  I am afraid that someone stopped and picked him up...probably a drug addict or worse, looking for money and, well, you know.  There are a couple of small creeks too, one borders our property and the river is not too far away.  But it is too far away for this guy to have walked to, I'm told he had difficulty walking.  He doesn't speak English, only Italian.  Deblasi is his name. 

My brother is on the search and rescue team....he says the same thing, they won't find him here.  We fear the worst of course.  I mean at 3:30am who else is out that early in our rural area?  They called in the Marines too.  How sad for this family.

colorwheel.gif

Well, Miss T had awards today....she of course is an A/B student.  So I let her stay up late last night to watch the Hurricanes whoop up on Edmonton!  5 - 0 !    They have their next game in Canada.

                        

And I've had some requests for the CD so here's Barbara's link, just drop her a line and she'll tell you how you can own your very own copy!  If you haven't already met her she is a doll!  http://journals.aol.com/mastersblynn/ConfessionsOfAnAngelWaitress

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Tomorrow we're off to the beach house.  Tom & Tara will be heading over when he picks her up at school at 11am WOO HOO last day! 

 

So, I'll be MIA for awhile.  I hope everyone has a great weekend....I'll be chillin with my umbrella drinks or a good cold beer......maxin and relaxin'.  Catch ya'll on Tuesday!!

                 Palm Tree                palm tree

BeachGirl2Sharon.jpg

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the beach!

Anonymous said...

How sad about your neighbor. We have a missing boy in my city too....i wrote about it just now. I hope your neighbor is found. Those shorts are a riot but then again, you are a riot. love you,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

How very sad about your neighbor...saying prayers for the family!
Hehehehe@ the shorts....hilarious
I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach...take pics!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I will keep your neighbor in my prayers.

I hope that you all have a wonderful time on the beach. I just emailed Barbara, I want to order one of the cd's. :)
Take Care,
Louise

Anonymous said...

how sad for the family:( i loved the shorts lol have a good time at the beach:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh that is just terribly sad about the man missing.  I sure do hope they find him.  Hope the boss cuts the paychecks before he leaves.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

All I gotta say is I am jealous!! I want a beach house on the weekends!!! :0)  Have fun! Hope the weather works out for you!

Good job Miss. T on your grades!  Keep up the good work!

That is just terrible about your neighbor.  I am sorry for that family's loss!  Well he maybe fine..but you are right it is not likely!'

I can't wait to see the picture!

Daniella

Anonymous said...

I do hope your neighbor is found safe!  Have such a wonderful time.  Have a few drinks for me!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Too funny with the shorts.  Yeah, rub it in that you'll be soaking up the sun on the beach....Have a great time!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. Sorry to hear about your neighbor.
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun at the beach house you silly prankster you LOL.  I hope they find that older gentlemen.  It's too bad that so often the quality of life at  his age goes away.  Makes you wonder what is instore for us if and when we get to that age.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbor :-(
Hope you have a great time at the beach house this weekend! You know that's right up my alley! Enjoy! Martha

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the beach!  THat is sad about the neighbor......well take it easy...nice palm  trees....
Maria