Friday, June 30, 2006

Hi 5's

If you want to play all you do is cut and paste these questions into your journal. (there is no deadline as to when you can do "The 5'er) When you have answered them come back and leave a link in Robin's (see my sidebar) comment section. 

LET'S PLAY!!!

1.  It's summertime and pretty much hot all over.  What is the hottest day you can recall? Each 4th of July is so very hot and humid and so is Labor Day.  One Labor Day it was so hot Tom almost had a heat stroke.  The hummidity here is aweful, even the ocean breeze gets hot!

2.  How do you keep cool in the summer? Pool? Beach? Other?

Some days it's the beach, some days it's just plain old sitting inside with the AC cranked up.  Now this summer we're getting a pool...so we'll see how that works.  Lemonaide, cold beer, ice pops, pineapple mmmmmm.

3.  Do you prefer to be sweating on a hot summer day or shoveling snow on a cold winter's day?

A Southern Belle does NOT sweat! I hate to perspire! But I love the summer time.  So much you can do in the summer even if it is hot, jump in a lake or pool or the ocean, eat cold watermelon, run through a sprinkler, celebrate my birthday and fireworks......you can keep yer stinkin shovel.

4.  What did summer mean to you as a kid?

Summer was VBS when I was young, and hanging out at the beach or pool as I got older.  Clean your room & finish your other chores on Saturday BEFORE you can do anything or go anywhere =(

5.  If you could be anywhere else right now where would you be?

I wanna be on an all expense paid vacation to some place tropical.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LET'S PLAY!!!

1.  It's summertime and pretty much hot all over.  What is the hottest day you can recall? MY WEDDING NIGHT

2.  How do you keep cool in the summer? Pool? Beach? Other?

AIR CONDITIONER WORKS FOR ME

3.  Do you prefer to be sweating on a hot summer day or shoveling snow on a cold winter's day?

I LIVE IN WASHINGTON STATE, WE SHOVEL RAIN

4.  What did summer mean to you as a kid?

NO SCHOOL!!!

5.  If you could be anywhere else right now where would you be?  LOOK TO ANSWER NUMBER ONE

HUGS LANNY

Anonymous said...

In the words of Homer Simpson (and Me) -- Mmmmmm beer! :-)

Anonymous said...

How funny!  We had to clean our rooms on Saturday too before we could do anything else!  I am so thinking our parents use to talk to each other...or were raised by the same wolves. Barbara

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, my mom said the same thing.  Clean your room and finish your chores on Saturday before you go anywhere!!  I try like crazy to instill this in my children.  Sometimes it still works.  We had VBS in the summer too.  I think there is one around here for my kids but my guess is I've been so busy getting donations and building Avon up we missed it?  I'm laughin' my butt off about a southern belle does not sweat and keep yer shovel!!!  Great answers!! Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love  your answers and I want to take a tropical vacation too.

Anonymous said...

That's right you DON'T sweat you glisten.  ;)

Anonymous said...

I remember that.. had to do all kinds of chores before I could go do anything. But that was in Tucson, too hot to go outside anyway. lol

Brian

Anonymous said...

Great answers...hope you have a great holiday weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

LOL...I could definitely do a nice tropical place right now.  HUGS  CHris

Anonymous said...

Those were some very good comments on your entry.     I thought summer was great playing baseball and riding my bike wherever a it could take me finding somewhere new we had not been before.     I am dealing with the heat right now and retreating in A.C.    It has caught up with me finally as I had planned to work in it a few hours this evening and cannot do anything but rest.     My neighbor stopped by to borrow a few hacksaw blades for working on his car and he is helping me tomorrow afternoon on my addition.     If I did not have someone to help I would have given up on it entirely.     Now with someone that can do the heaviest work my plans are going along toward completion.     I will just have to tolerate the heat at 54 with 2 replacement knees and a bad back.     I had better enjoy my rest this evening and be ready for tomorrow in the late afternoon to sweat until I'm drenched.    mark