Thursday, June 29, 2006

Happy Anniversary, again, I hope!

HappyAnniversary.gif

It was 4 years ago today....4 pm.  After 5 years together I had said to Tom "piss or get off the pot" LOL.  So that was my official proposal.    Here's a little bit of history.........

We met in October 1997.  I know it was October because the Yankees were in the playoffs.  Tom's best friend from NY lived here, had a deli behind our store, and had invited my parents and me to a steak dinner at his house.  Tom was there.  He was now a permanent NC resident.  I remember the brightness in his eyes and smile (later to realize WHY).  It was not love at first sight.  Tara was 9 months old. 

A couple of weeks later, I went into J's deli (now in the city) and lo and behold he was there talking.  I struck up a conversation with them and went my merry way.  But I kept coming back just to catch him there.  Tom shared things with me from his heart and past that he didn't have to.  We were not an "item" but we were getting along.

GJ-HappyAnniversary01.gif

We finally concreted a real live FIRST DATE to be December 13.  The day came and no Tom......his mom had passed away and he had gone to Florida.  I tease him that she messed up our first date.  Then I tell him that the only reason she was able to "let go" was that she somehow knew that now he was in good hands.  I never met the lady...I wish I had known her.  Two weeks went by before we connected again and this time we had the real first date.  And YES, I seduced him....took him back to HIS place and basically said "drop em". LOL!

     

He moved in with me in April 1998.  He became Dad to Tara and has treated her like she was his own ever since.  We had trials and troubles...Tom was so wanting to rid himself of his own demons, it was a tough haul.  This is why it surprises me when we're back in court for another DUI.

anniversaryjoke.gif

In 2002 I started putting it to him that we needed to make some solid arrangements....Tara was beginning to question things, my family (the southern babdisst) were itching.  It was time to do something.  He is one for tradition, so he bought a ring, took me to dinner, presented me with flowers and I said YES.

                              

We set a date of June 29th...now where?  Myrtle Beach at a cute wedding chapel.  Now who to invite?  34 family & close friends drove in to witness and then we went over to Chestnut Hill Restaurant for dinner.  Tom's Dad & baby brother, his girlfriend and her daughter, my parents, brothers & SIL, Jimmy & wife.  Then back to the hotel..............

   

awwwwwwwwwwww

     

(Cindilouwho in blue, stepDad & Jimmy in white)

It actually does get better each year.  

wedding-anniversary.gif

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! I loved reading about this!  Enjoy your day, and years to come, all the ups & downs, becuase in the end, that is what true love is, and long marriages consist of :)
Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

I loved the story:) thank you for sharing it:) to many more years!!!!!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Awww! Thanks for sharing your love story.  Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I always love stories about people meeting and falling in love...so sweet! Happy Aniversay!!!

Anonymous said...

happy glorious happy wonderful anniversary to you both. Your DH has a treasure of a wife, he better treat you that way!! LOVE YOU so,lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Barbara

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story...happy anniversary.

hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks for sharing your love story! Hope each year continues to get better and better. Happy Anniversary! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the story and the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Anniversary again.

Anonymous said...

The story was wonderful...may your life together always be blessed...hugs and love to you both...Happy Anniversary!!!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary, yesterday was one of my best friends anniversary's too! :)

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

what a nice story...Happy Anniversary!! & GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

May the story continue forever and a day. Hugs Lanny

Anonymous said...

"Piss or get off the pot." That sounds like a dream proposal, forget flowers and candle light and a resturant filled with clapping people when you say yes . . . "piss or get off the pot!" LOL

Ah, I love dating stories, so cute! I am glad you have your 'man' the one that was made for you, that is so wonderful. Happy Anniversary!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Well happy aniversery in exactly 50 min.  5 years is awesome!  I can't help but get a tear in my eye everytime I read in your journal how Tom accepted Miss. T as his own!  That is Kevin and my little Miss E.  He has accepted her and it has made life wonderful!

Have a great day and night and fourth of July!  I will be on vaca and do my best to read  your journal!!!  So don't think I forgot about ya!

Daniella

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love love this entry!!!!!  You are a gorgeous bride and what a great story you two are!!!  Happy Anniversary!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!!! Hugs n more Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!!!  SORRY I WAS LATE.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

LIZ

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I hope you had a very happy anniversary.  It was so nice to finally get all the scoop and hear about your and Tom's history.  You looked so beautiful at your wedding.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary and that your weekend is awesome as well.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a happy anniversary. I enjoyed hearing all about how you met.