Saturday, June 17, 2006

Four Fathers

I have 4 father's in my life.....

First, I am remembering my Papa who passed away 6 years ago.  This man was my rock...the one stable man in my life for 35 years.  My Papa/Dad/Best Friend all rolled up into one.  Thank you Papa for teaching me almost everything....for letting me be your shadow when I was growing up....for not yelling at me and for always loving me no matter what.  I miss you!

I have a Dad.....biologically.  All of my life he's been an alcoholic.  As a little girl, I thought there was nothing like Daddy.  But he wasn't always around...he was rarely around.  Even today, we only live 30 minutes away, but we still only see each other about 4 times a year.  We can't be close, or even have a great relationship.  He's still my Dad though, and I love him in spite of his faults.

I have a Step-Dad.  A wonderful man.  He took on a wife and 2 kids in 1978 and when I was 13!  Tough age for a girl and I gave him a fit.  It took a number of years to admit that I was so glad he was in my life.  I wouldn't trade him for the world.  He was #2 stable man for me.  We have a weird relationship, but we get each other.  He won't admit when I've got a good idea that works, but with some prodding he'll go along with it.  Does he ever say "good idea"?  No....not outloud LOL!!!  Mr B...I love you!

Then there is the Dad to my daughter.  What an experience this has been.  I know that in the beginning (9 yrs ago) he was saying to himself "she's got a kid, do I want to do this again?" (T was just 10 months old).  But he has tackled this job with flying colors.  She adores him.  He is so good to her and she is such a Daddy's girl sometimes it's funny.  A lot of the time it is her over me......Tom thank you for loving US!

 

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY GUYS! 

YOU ROCK!

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good sunday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers Day to all your Daddys! Barbara

Anonymous said...

well it sounds like you have had some wonderful men in your life. Hope you all have a great father's day.

Anonymous said...

Okay, AOL acting funny for me tonight.  So you may end up with two comments from me or none at all.  As I was saying before on the first attempt, glad we both have some happy and good memories of some good men in our lives.  Hope you have a great day tomorrow.  Hugs,
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a nice Father's Day tribute! Hope you all enjoy the day! :-)

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Father's day Sunday.  
Take care.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

great entry!!!!!  
Becky

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very nice entry! Was hoping to see the graphic you snagged from me? :)
Have a great day,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to the men close in your life.  I only hope one day my daughter will have good feelings about me like that.  Have a great week Sharon.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Nice heartfelt entry, I loved it. Stop by and visit sometime.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to all the daddy's in your life and a special blessing to the memories of your Papa.  Bless Tom for being a daddy to your little T.  Hope you had a good day.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

What a great Father's day entry!!
Very sweet~
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo