Friday, June 2, 2006

I'm In

From Lisa Jo and Lyn & Phil here goes my cost of living and fav's:

Lyn, Brits blog, has a cost of living list in her journal and wonders if its different all over the US and England so here is my North Carolina cost of living list:

  

These are all average prices they could give or take little...

Gallon of gas/petrol $2.65 (on Thurs)

loaf of bread $2.00 (Merita Old Fashioned)

Gallon of milk $2.50

Newspaper .... $1.50 on Sunday; $0.50 weekdays

Median house price in my neighborhood $180,000 (rural coastal)

Electricity bill- average $100 per month

water- Don’t pay for ….yet

phone- hmmm home service with Internet $83

cell phone – we have 2 …$100 per month 

School lunches - $10 per week, and that’s packing a lunch;  $2.50 if she buys

box of Cereal – about $2.50

Local county   property tax-$800 per year

Movie tickets -$4.50 before 6pm.....$6.25 after 6pm

 Garbage/Refuge pickup- $63 every 3 months

weekly average grocery bill- $150 and that doesn’t include going out

cat food-$4 per month

Pizza take home or delivery is usually around $14 

 

Phil the Thrill, IT IS WHAT IT IS, wants us to list these shows in order that we like them from 1-10. The shows are:

Seinfeld, Friends, I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, Andy Griffith Show, Everybody Loves Raymond, Home Improvement, Get Smart, Will and Grace, Three's Company

10.  Will & Grace

9.  Get Smart

8.  M*A*S*H

7.  Seinfeld

6.  Friends

5. Three’s Company

4.  Andy Griffith Show

3. Home Improvement

2. Everybody Loves Raymond

1.  I Love Lucy

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gallon of gas up here in the great North East Pa. is $2.75 a gallon!

Anonymous said...

Hey, COOL! Its not a huge difference between Ohio and you. Mostly with our home prices. We kinda likethe same shows too. i am tickled you did this. Fun wasn't it?
love you,lisa

Anonymous said...

Way too much time on your hands hahaha    Hugs Lanny

Anonymous said...

what fun i will have to try this later :) have a good weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

Those are some of my fav shows too.....

Anonymous said...

doesn't sound too diff. from kansas either.  jared and i have been checking out  the cost of living in ks. city, dallas and denver... to see where he want to go to seminary when he is through going to school here.
God bless and take care,
TristaMarie

Anonymous said...

Western Pa. is definitely more expensive in most areas.  I'll have to do this one.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

I remember watching these shows....lol.  I will have to play.

Take Care,  Liz

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your lists.    Your property tax is low for the average assessment values.    My house and property is valued below $20,000 and my yearly tax is about $193, but I haven't seen this years yet.     I have been away from the computer and am too sore and painful in the evenings after helping do what I can on the house with someone to do the heaviest lifting.    I am getting stronger but I have a limit.     I will get to the journals as much as I can as I enjoy the people I have met.     I always appreciate the communication and support that I have found in them.    I will visit when I can and hope that you have a good week.    mark

Anonymous said...

Seems cost of living is a "little" higher here in Kansas City area.
But was a little lower in Dallas TX area, when I lived there.